As we wrap up our book review project, I thought I would share a few fresh thoughts about the book. Our group read "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt. It was an enjoyable piece of literature. McCourt has a unique style of writing which made me feel like I was sitting down having a cup of coffee with him while he told me of his experiences in life and in the classroom.Frank McCourt used storytelling as a means of teaching. Some of his colleagues argued that this method was ineffective and a waste of time. They felt that "subject matter was king" and students should be fed information in order to do well on exams. McCourt took the idea of "learning" in a different direction. I felt that his ways of teaching were inspiring. He put himself into teaching. If done correctly, I think it can be beneficial for personality to be involved in teaching.
Unfortuntely, our final project was too large to post to YouTube or to link to my blog. I will assure you that it was a success. It was fun to learn the ins and outs of I-Movie. Although the project was a huge time committment, I felt satisfied with the end result.

1 comment:
I like that you wrote that Frank McCourt "put himself into teaching." I agree that it can be beneficial for teachers. I also think that it necessary for good teacher to do this. If a teacher is cold, impersonal, and not connected to his/her students, then the students will not be conected to the lesson or teacher.
And yes, our i-Movie was a great success! We will get it on the internet somehow.
Post a Comment