Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet Singing Kids


Today I had the chance to attend a short music class at the local Montessori preschool. It was delightful! The kids were so cute, and they were completely captured by the songs we sang. How wonderful that children can be taught music so early on in their lives. Whether I become a music teacher or not, I want to be able to give my children an appreciation for music at a young age--even if it is just my own children! Not only will a child's future as a musician be affected by early exposure to music, but I think his or her education and intellect as a whole will be improved.

Lately I have been changing my mind about what I want to do as a future career almost every day. No matter what career (or careers) I chose, I will always be an advocate for music and music education. What a gift it is!

No comments: